The Best Night Vision Binoculars Under $500: Exclusive Guide
Unlike other articles, we won’t make you wait to reveal our top pick. We won’t make anyone in a rush skip to the bottom for our conclusion. Instead, we’ll tell you right now! Our favorite product is the Bushnell LYNX.
There are many reasons why choosing the right night vision binoculars for you is important, and there are many different products out there. However, we have assembled a list of our top 5 criteria for choosing the best night vision devices for your needs.
We know it isn’t easy choosing a great pair of binoculars, especially on a budget. We understand your pain and we are coming to the rescue! After we cover what the best on the market have to offer, we will tell you our top choices under $500!
Whether a beginner or advanced binocular user, it’s always good to brush up on your knowledge before buying a new set. Even if you hate research, don’t worry! We’ve done the heavy lifting for you! Keep reading to discover what we found about our top 5 picks!
Our Top Five Night Vision Binoculars Under $500 in 2018
Elite Buyer’s Criteria: Top 5 Things To Consider
When it comes to picking your perfect product, you have to know what you are looking for. Fortunately, we have put together a list for you! This section is especially important for those just getting into the night vision binocular market.
The top 5 most important factors to take into account are your environment, total gain, image quality, resolution, and binoculars versus monoculars. So come with us as we dig deeper into what makes each of these things so crucial to your selection!
#1: Your Environment
Where will you be when you use your night vision unit? This is a necessary question to ask yourself as you read through the reviews. Whether for hunting at home, or animal viewing on an African safari, it will affect what you need.
The first factor to think about is distance. How far away will the object be? Do you need to be able to see far on the safari? Or will the animals be near? Also, think about whether or not you want a device that records or takes photos. These are more expensive, but worth considering.
Another thing to consider is the type of weather you will be having. Research the season you will be going to Africa. There is a rainy season! Also, think about when you will be hunting. Will it be freezing cold, snowing, or raining? Is there a chance of water damage?
#2: Total Gain
Gain is the amount of light you are going to see when you look through your device. Those that want to use their night vision for hunting need a higher gain. However, they tend to run more expensive.
Keep in mind the higher magnification the lower the gain.
To combat this, you will need to invest in a more expensive technology. For those that need to see 20/20 at night, a higher gain and higher magnification are worth the cost.
#3: Image Quality
A good image quality is key to seeing anything at night. For under $500, you can still get a very good quality image. Unfortunately, the best images come from expensive monoculars and binoculars. Fortunately, you don’t always need the image to be high definition!
Knowing how you are going to use the product is key to picking the right image quality for you. With the right combination of gain and clear environment, you won’t need as great of a number.
Having a good resolution is key to seeing a good image. The worse the resolution, the more distorted your vision will be. Additionally, the harder it will be to see images that are close together.
#5: Binoculars Versus Monoculars
Night vision binoculars and monoculars have some key differences. However, it really comes down to what you are most comfortable using.
- Binoculars are easier to use for beginners.
- Monoculars are usually less expensive and more versatile.
- Monoculars are typically more lightweight and portable.
- Binoculars allow for better depth perception due to the use of 2 lenses.
- Monoculars are best for security and short stints of viewing.
- Binoculars are best for sustained vision at night.
— More Readings: Best Binoculars for Long Distance Viewing
Reviews of The Best Night Vision Binoculars Under $500
Some of the key things to look for as you read these reviews are your environment, total gain, image quality, resolution, and binoculars versus monoculars. Remember, these are the most important factors to think about as you read these reviews!
Here are the results of our research:
1. Bushnell LYNX Gen 1 Night Vision Binocular Review – Best Overall Pick
Generation 1 night vision device
- Quality optics with stunning HD clarity
- 100% quality materials used and tested extensively
- Beautiful design and durability built to last
This Bushnell is a Generation 1 night vision device. The LYNX is good for up to 2.5x magnification. That means you will be able to see up to a full 750 feet! Gen 1 is wonderful for a lot of reasons, least of all the inexpensive cost!
In terms of durability, this binocular does not disappoint. The quality of materials ensures they can last through some difficult drops. Not only that, but the Bushnell LYNX is weather resistant. That means you can take it through sandstorms and rain showers without fear of destruction!
The Bushnell LYNX is best used for long-term night vision. Add to that the wide field of vision and you have a powerful tool for things like night navigation and law enforcement. However, it is so convenient to carry that you could even use it for any surveillance purpose.
At 1 pound, it is not too difficult to carry this handy little binocular through any outdoor situation. The item dimensions are 6.5 inches by 6.3 inches by 2.99 inches. So small they can fit into many bags and even some pockets!
- The 2 AAA batteries are easy to replace when they rarely need it
- When it is completely dark, it is easy to see what’s ahead
- The infrared illuminator works well to increase resolution
- Works extremely well with the ATN Power Weapon Battery Pack.
2. Night Owl Pro Nexgen Night Vision Binocular Review – Best for Hunting
Extremely ergonomic for any face
- Field of view: 200ft at 53ft
- 2 electronic intensifier tubes inside stringer...
- Powerful built-in columnated IR illuminator...
If you need to see far in your hunting endeavors, look no further than the Night Owl Pro Nexgen Night Vision Binocular. If resolution is what you are looking for, these binoculars deliver. A 200-foot by 53-foot field of vision is no joke, either!
Now for the details. This Night Owl’s visual quality is brought to you by Generation 1 technology. This is the same as in our top pick. Also similar to the LYNX is the Nexgen’s infrared illuminator.
The Night Owl Nexgen is powered by a super strong 3-volt type 123 lithium battery. This will last between 40 to 80 hours.
Hint: the difference in time is due to infrared usage. Plenty of time to get in any hunting or other long-term surveillance activity!
In terms of size, this device is 8 inches long by 5.85 wide by 2.6 high inches. However, the impact resistant lens housing is well worth the greater measurement. You will be thankful for this if you are hiking through rocky territory!
- A comfortable padded neck strap is included.
- Extremely ergonomic for any face.
- The 5x magnification is amazing for the best views on wildlife tours.
- The SureFire Boxed Batteries are the best to use with a 10-year shelf life.
3. BNISE Military HD Binoculars Review – Best Budget Pick
best in the affordability category
- Waterproof, dust-proof, all-weather binoculars...
- Nitrogen gas inside the binocular eliminates...
- Internal rangefinder scale and directional...
At under $110, the BNISE Military HD Binoculars win the best budget pick. Although not quite as high-quality as the first 2 binoculars on the list, it is the best we found in the affordability category. The 396-foot field of view isn’t too shabby, either!
The BNISE binoculars are not just waterproof, but also fogproof. This can be extremely useful in a variety of climates and weather situations. The technology used to do this is a nitrogen gas inside of the lenses. Mountaineering and water activities can now be done at night!
In terms of durability, these binoculars do not disappoint! The body is coated with rubber to prevent lens breakage. Not only that, but it also serves to give the user a strong, ergonomic grip. In fact, BNISE is so confident in their product that they offer a worldwide lifetime warranty!
In keeping with the “military tradition”, the BNISE includes a directional compass and internal rangefinder scale. This is great for hunters because it tells you how far away you are from your desired object. It can also let you know the relative size of the object!
- Great for extreme outdoor activities.
- Comfortable to hold for long periods of time.
- It is convenient to carry at 7.95 x 2.56 x 5.71 inches.
- Great to carry in the VooDoo Tactical Binocular Case.
4. Bushnell Equinox Z Digital Night Vision Monocular Review – Best Budget Monocular
- Magnification x objective lens:6x 50mm
- Field of view: 20ft at 1000Yds/6M at 1000M
- Viewing range: 984ft/300M
Bushnell’s Equinox Z Digital Night Vision Monocular is perfect for anyone that wants to hunt without being bogged down. The field of view is 20 feet at 1000 yards, which is nothing to scoff at. The illuminator can make for a final distance view of 500 feet.
In total, 4 AA batteries power this beast of a monocular. As with the binoculars, the Equinox X features multicoated glass objectives for a clear picture. Unlike the binoculars, this Bushnell is video out ready. Not to mention you can set it on a tripod for more steady viewing!
If you need a monocular that is waterproof and rugged, this unit fits the bill! It’s also perfect if you want to record video, capture images, and view…all at a distance! All you birdwatchers out there will love this product!
- Great for hunting across fields.
- The shutter speed is extremely quick so a tripod isn’t even necessary.
- Fits perfectly in jacket pockets for easy, lightweight portability.
- The Fomito Focus F1 Quick Rapid Shoulder Sling Belt Neck Strap is an extremely comfortable neck strap to use with this product.
5. Solomark Night Vision Monocular Review – Best Recording Monocular
- A great gadget which enable you to observe target...
- With multi-coated glass objectives, high...
- Take photos and videos at any time, record more...
Are you looking to make high quality videos and recordings? If so, check out the Solomark Night Vision Monocular! It can see up to 328 feet/100 meters, making it perfect for anything from cave exploring to nighttime wildlife viewing. Even hunting is made easier!
Not only can you record, you can easily transfer the video to your smart TV or laptop. This is done using the not included 1G micro-SD card or the AV and USB function. High tech and easy to use: what more could a night vision recorder want?
For expeditions where portability and weight matter the most, you will want the Solomark Monocular with you. It weighs less than 1 pound! This is great for backpacking trips or animal stalking. Even better, this night vision device is extremely compact at 5.8 x 4 x 1.85 inches.
The 4 AA batteries will work for 5 hours straight. Not only that, but the field of view is 14 degrees and you can adjust the sensitivity to let in more or less light. This is great if you are looking for a unit that you can use before and after dark.
- The blue infrared illuminator is really cool.
- The Solomark Night Vision Monocular records details well.
- This monocular’s screen includes an integrated color LCD-screen.
- SanDisk Ultra 32GB is a perfect accessory for this Solomark.
|Weight||1.06 lbs||2.37 lbs||1.87 lbs||2.2 lbs||0.72 lbs|
|Magnification||2.5x||5x||10x||6x||Up to 2x|
One Final Word
Overall, every single night vision tool on this list has something to offer. Based on our research, we believe you could be happy with any product on this list. However, we had to choose the best, and the best is the Bushnell LYNX Gen 1 Night Vision Binocular.
- Affordable price.
- Water resistance.
- Quality materials.
- Wide field of view.
- 90 yards of resolution.
- Portable and lightweight.
Fortunately for us, each of these top 5 devices under $500 can be found on Amazon.com. Simply follow the links to get started on your journey to 20/20 night vision!