Best Rangefinder for Bow Hunting: Step up Your Game
Are you looking for the perfect Rangefinder for bow hunting? Bow hunters tend to keep their gears on the light side and a rangefinder would be the picture-perfect addition to that.
That being said, bow hunters tend to hunt within a short range. Bow hunters don’t really need a long range rangefinder. They usually go up to 100 yards or more. So, you’ll need a quality short range rangefinder for that.
That’s why you should always invest in a quality rangefinder that suitable for bow hunting. To get the best deal check out this list with the best rangefinders for bow hunting.
Not to brag, but TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder is one my personal favorites because it has all the necessary features for a successful hunting session.
What Should You Consider Before Buying?
Rangefinders for bow hunting come with special features such as arrow flight path calculations. This will help you calculate the path before shooting.
Hence, if you are looking to buy the best rangefinder for bow hunting, then take a look this list to figure out, what to look for.
# Second Priority
You’ll see two types of rangefinder on the market; first priority and second priority. First priority rangefinders are mainly for golfing and not really made for hunting.
On the other hand, second priority rangefinders will help you ignore all the obstacles between you and your target.
This way you’ll have more accurate shots. That being said, you can also hunt with golfing rangefinders, but it would be better to go for the second priority.
A great pair of rangefinder will range from 5-1600 yards or more. The viewing distance is obviously a crucial point when you want to buy the best rangefinder for bow hunting. But for a bow hunting session, you won’t need the extra mile.
A rangefinder with a viewing range from 10-600 yards is enough.
The magnification range is obviously a crucial part of a rangefinder. A range from 4x to 6x would be just perfect. Just make sure to cover the required range. Also, you should definitely check out the quality of magnification.
Sure your rangefinder might have the required range, but what about quality. If things start to get blurry for the higher range, then the rangefinder isn’t capable of handling you bow hunting sessions.
Go for one that provides quality, having detailed and sharp imaging.
# Lens Size
Quality of the lens is another important aspect. Go for the larger objective lens, as they will transmit more light than smaller ones. This would also help you out in a low light condition.
# Other Protective Features
Protective features make sure your rangefinder has a longer life. Features such as waterproof, fog proof, shock proof or even dust proof are highly welcomed.
This way even if the weather gets rough, you’ll be able to use your rangefinder for bow hunting.
Also, extra features such as anti-grip coating would be a huge plus point.
# User-Friendly Design
Bow hunters tend to go for a rangefinder that effortlessly fits in their pocket and also is easy to use. The user-friendly design would mean that it won’t have any bulky construction and therefore delay your hunt.
The first thing you should see whether it’s comfortable to hold or not.
Securing this feature would help you out during your bow hunting sessions. Also, go for a lightweight rangefinder. Bow hunters have to hike for an extended period of time. And, lightweight rangefinders would be much easier to carry.
Reticles are an important factor while bow hunting. They help to aim better and make the perfect shot. That being said, go for a pair that comes with LED illumination. This will help you hunt even in a low light environment and make the perfect shot.
# Additional Features
Other additional features such as change of elevation or effects of environmental factors would surely be a plus point. These features are not absolutely necessary but an added specialty that you might love in a rangefinder.
Additional features always make the hunting sessions more enjoyable and trouble-free. So, if you’re confused between two rangefinders, choose the one with the most quality features.
Reviews of Best Rangefinder for Bow Hunting on the Market Today
1. TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder Review – TOP PICK
The perfect combination of features and budget
- HUNTING LASER RANGEFINDER; tired of cheap...
- SPEED, SCAN and HUNT TECHNOLOGY: provides fast...
- THROUGH THE LENS DISPLAY; premium, ultra clear,...
+ Specifications: Weight: 6.5oz / Magnification; Objective lens size: 6x;20mm / Distance Covered: 540 yards.
+ Extra features: Continuous scan mode, Water resistant, Multilayered optics, Dust Proof.
TecTecTec has recently entered the hunting fields with their latest ProWild rangefinder. Although they are fairly new, still they are thriving the market nowadays, with its sleek features and budgeted price.
You might think it as a regular, cheap gadget, but it works perfectly for a bow hunting session. It comes with a 6x magnification, which is just perfect for a short range shooting. It covers a distance of 540 yards with a scan mode that works without a break.
The best part of this gadget is that it’s equipped with speed meter, which will allow you to measure how fast your target truly is, along with its distance.
It comes with a 20mm objective lens, which is enough for giving you a crystal, clear imaging. Additional features offer rainproof, with added durability.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with an illuminated reticle, but rather comes with black LCD reticle.
Add an extended life to your Rangefinder –
With Viridian CR2 3v Lithium Battery You’ll be able to increase the power of your rangefinder. The plus point is that as your ProWild doesn’t have illuminated reticles, you’ll have to use tactical flashlights for nighttime hunting.
And guess what? These batteries go perfectly with them too! So, you can always count on them in any situation with a long-lasting experience.
- Comes with a crystal clear view.
- The readings are super-fast.
- Extremely lightweight and small; user-friendly in every way.
- Offers protective features such as rainproof, mud proof.
- Shuts down automatically after 30 seconds, when not used.
- Adjustable eye relief works great with eyeglass users.
- Some shipments have defective units.
- No illuminated reticles, so it gets difficult in nigh time bow hunting.
- Some units have focus issues.
2. Halo XL450-7 Rangefinder Review
Extremely lightweight Rangefinder
- 6x magnification
- AI Technology makes it the perfect rangefinder for...
- 450 yard reflective range
+ Specifications: Weight: 3oz / Magnification; Objective lens size: 6x;24mm / Distance Covered: 450 yards.
+ Extra features: AI Technology, Two-mode for hunting, Water resistant.
Are you looking for a Rangefinder that’s extremely easy to use? Why don’t you try out Halo XL450-7 Rangefinder? This rangefinder is popular for easy to use interface as you’ll only get a single button to use it.
The Halo XL450-7 is extremely lightweight, so you can carry it anywhere you want for an extended period of time. This really comes in handy for bow hunters as they’ll have to move a lot for a successful session.
The Rangefinder offers a 6x magnification range covering up to 450 yards. This is one of the greatest flaws of this Rangefinder. The objective lens size is 24mm, which is more than enough for a bow hunter.
The lenses have crystal, clear imaging, so this way you’ll be able to see even in a low light situation. Although the black reticle can get really hard to see in the night time. You’ll have to use a flashlight for that.
Protect Your Rangefinder –
With FitSand (TM) Travel Zipper Carry EVA Hard Case, you’ll be able to add an extra layer of protection to your rangefinder. The hard case is made with PU leather, which will protect your Rangefinder from scratches.
Also, use Viridian CR2 3v Lithium Battery to increase the power of your rangefinder. Now, you’ll be ready for any situation and won’t have to worry about your battery running out.
- Offers higher accuracy rate for shorter distances.
- Extremely lightweight and has a compact design.
- The Slope adjustment technology adjusts the measurements accordingly.
- Easy to operate; user-friendly.
- It’s water resistant.
- Shuts off automatically when not in use.
- Doesn’t come with an illuminating reading or reticle.
- It covers only 450 yard, which is pretty low.
- Readings are quite slow, it takes a few seconds to appear.
3. Vortex Optics Ranger Laser Rangefinders Review
Covers the most distance
- The Ranger 1300 rangefinder is easy to use and...
- The primary HCD mode displays an angle compensated...
- A scan feature gives continuous range readings as...
+ Specifications: Weight: 7.7oz / Magnification; Objective lens size: 6x;22mm / Distance Covered: 1300 yards.
+ Extra features: Illuminated display, HCD mode, LOS mode, Rubber armor, Water and fog proof.
Vortex is a leading brand, which happens to give us quality optics every time. Ranger 1300 is not excluded from that list. It’s one of the best Rangefinders from Vortex for bow hunters.
Starting with a 6x magnification, this awesome scope offers a range up to 1300 yards! This is extremely rare for this type of magnification strength. Although you won’t need this much ground coverage, still having extra power simply won’t hurt you.
Other benefits of this rangefinder are the 22mm objective lens that goes perfectly with the illuminated LED display. These two complement each other during nighttime hunting sessions. So, you won’t ever feel the need to use external lighting source.
It’s also lightweight and has a non-slip rubber coating to make it even more durable. Extra features such as waterproof or fog proof will help you hunt in any situation.
Carry Your Rangefinder with Extra Comfort –
With Vortex Optics Binocular Harness Strap. This strap is made of nylon, so it’s highly durable. The best part is that you can adjust the size, however, you want and putting it on is also extremely easy.
You can also add an extra layer of protection for your Vortex Ranger 1300 with FitSand (TM) Travel Carry Zipper EVA Hard Case. This hard case is here to protect your gadget from any scratches.
- Offers a great distance.
- It’s extremely easy to read and use.
- Highly durable and is waterproof.
- Lightweight; Carry it to anywhere.
- Illuminated LED reticles; works perfectly in nigh time.
- Some units have defects such as, not giving the real readings.
- You have to press three times to lock a target.
4. Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC Laser Rangefinder Review
A sophisticated Rangefinder
- 6x magnification
- Built in Inclinometer provides arc
- Compatible with magnetic attachment System
+ Specifications: Weight: 6.6oz / Magnification; Objective lens size: 6x;21mm / Distance Covered: 1000 yards.
+ Extra features: Built in Inclinometer, ARC Bow Mode, Brush, Bullseye, and Scan mode, Waterproof.
Bushnell is another leading brand for high-performing optics in the market. One thing you can know for sure that you can always trust Bushnell for reliability and quality. That being said, the new Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC Laser Rangefinder is one of the most sophisticated rangefinders.
You’ll get a special bow mode just for bow hunters, where you’ll get the necessary reading specified for bows. The gadget comes with a 6x magnification range along with covering 1000 yards.
Having a 21mm, this Rangefinder is simply a deal maker. The added layer of full multi-coating will make sure you get the perfect imaging quality in any environment. The accuracy of all the readings is spot on. Thus, you won’t miss your shot ever!
To give you more durability it’s also fog proofed and waterproofed. The rangefinder also comes with a carrying case and a neck strap.
Make Your Rangefinder More Stable –
Use BARSKA Deluxe Tripod adapter and make your every hunt a huge success. With the help of this adapter, you’ll be able to make your Bushnell rangefinder even more perfect. The tripod is highly durable with rubber feet and extendable legs.
So, you’ll be able to use this in any environment without any extra hassles. Also, you can increase this rangefinders battery life with the help of Viridian CR2 3v Lithium Battery and be prepared for anything.
- The build is absolutely stunning and highly durable.
- The rubber coating makes the rangefinder comfortable to hold in rain.
- It’s fully waterproof and fog proof.
- Tripod adaptable.
- Offers a great range for bow hunters.
- Highly accurate readings.
- The battery doesn’t last that long.
- Some units only cover up to 350 yards.
- Only suited for daytime.
5. Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector Edition 4x Laser Rangefinder Review
Comes with a greater eye relief
- Accuracy: +/- one yard
- Simple one-button operation
- Magnification x objective: 4x 21mm
+ Specifications: Weight: 8oz / Magnification; Objective lens size: 4x;21mm / Distance Covered: 600 yards.
+ Extra features: One-button operation, Weather resistant, Multilayered optics.
The name Bone Collector seems a bit odd, doesn’t it? It’s because these excel as hunting gears and were made to satisfy all your needs during one. The rangefinder works great with a 4x magnification range and a distance of 600 yards.
These two features are just perfect for bow hunting. Also, the 21mm objective lens with full multi-coatings ensures the maximum brightness a rangefinder can offer.
If you use eyeglasses then this one is definitely for you. It offers 20mm eye relief, which is an excellent range. Using it is also simple, you’ll only use one simple button to seal your deal. Pretty great, right?
The ergonomic design makes it suitable to carry around, although it’s a bit on the heavier side. The housing of this gadget is rainproof. So, you won’t have to worry about it getting damaged in the rain.
Carry It Around with Extra Comfort –
Having trouble carrying your rangefinder for longer sessions? Not to worry, use Bushnell 19125C Deluxe Binocular Harness to solve all your problems. This harness governs a spectacular amount of comfort for your hunting sessions with elastic straps and durable build.
Your rangefinder would sit right below your chin and give you the extended flexibility for your hunt. Go on for hours without any problems or whatsoever.
- It’s really simple to use.
- The readings are extremely accurate, so no problem hitting your target.
- It captures the surrounding lights and makes the images brighter.
- Ergonomic design makes it easy to carry.
- The display turns off automatically after 30 seconds.
- Some units only cover a distance up to 400 yards.
- Doesn’t work well in the fog.
- Not suited for the nighttime session.
6. RX-650 Laser Rangefinder Review
Covers the perfect distance –
- Absolute waterproof and fog proof integrity, each...
- 6x magnification gives you plenty of power, while...
- Powered by the readily available CR2 lithium...
+ Specifications: Weight: 6.3oz / Magnification; Objective lens size: 6x;20mm / Distance Covered: 650 yards.
+ Extra features: High contrast LCD display, Weatherproof, rubber armor, Fast-focus eyepiece.
Leupold’s RX-650 digital laser rangefinder is a simple yet quite affordable rangefinder with great accuracy. This rangefinder will offer you fully multicoated optics that will ensure maximum brightness in any situation.
Also, the objective lens size of 20mm is exceptionally great for a greater imaging quality. Not to mention the 6x magnification power will cover you the perfect distance of 650 yards, which is just the right amount for a bow hunter.
Although the LCD display is only in black, so there would be slight issues hunting at night. You’ll need to use a flashlight or other light sources, but its small price to pay.
The rubber armor makes sure that it doesn’t slip from your hands in any wet environment. Also, the product is lightweight and easy to use, which comes with batteries.
The best part is that using the scan mode you’ll be able to get ultra-fast measurements in any situation.
There’s No Rangefinder without a Harness –
Do you want to add comfort to your hunting sessions? Then why don’t you try out Leupold Quick Release Binocular Harness? This harness is made to prevent swinging and relieve you from neck strain.
As a plus point, you’ll get to keep your gadget close to your body, even in bumpy rides. It also comes with a quick release feature that will allow you to use it more effortlessly.
- The rangefinder offers a great built.
- Offers a nice range.
- Anti-slip housing with rubber coatings.
- Weatherproof, so you can use it in any environment.
- Best for eyeglass users.
- The display doesn’t offer a backlit option.
- Comes with only LOS measurements.
- Some units come with a battery issue.
7. Bushnell 202442 The Truth ARC 4x20mm Bow Hunting Laser Rangefinder Review
- Quality optics with stunning HD clarity
- 100 percent quality materials used and tested...
- Beautiful design and durability built to last
+ Specifications: Weight: 5.9oz / Magnification; Objective lens size: 4x;20mm / Distance Covered: 850 yards
+ Extra features:
With a wide range of 850 yards, this beauty will allow you to shoot in short range and mid-range. The rangefinder covers this distance with a 4x magnification. It also comes with the 20mm objective lens just to make sure your every hunt is flawless.
It’s fully rainproof, so you can use it any rainy weather, but it seems to have an average build. However, it comes with an ergonomic design, which is extremely user-friendly and can be carried around in anything.
A great addition to your hunting gears if you ask me.
Tether Your Rangefinder with Yourself –
Using T-REIGN Small Retractable Gear Tether. This tether has a Polycarbonate case, which is suitable for any environment. The 24-inch Kevlar cord will add extra flexibility to your hunt.
- Special ClearShot tech, which allows you to make your shot despite all the obstacles.
- Has a strong magnification range that covers a long distance.
- User-friendly design, very easy to use.
- Water resistant feature for the extreme rainy environment.
- Doesn’t have illuminated reticles, so it gets difficult in low light situations.
- Although it’s water resistant, it won’t work when submerged.
8. Nikon 16224 Arrow ID 3000 Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder Review
A better eye relief with an accurate shot
- Nikon's advanced ID (Incline/Decline) Technology...
- Incredibly long, 20.3mm eye relief makes viewing...
- Displays in 1-yard increments with a 6-550-yard...
+ Specifications: Weight: 4.8oz / Magnification; Objective lens size: 4x; 20mm / Distance Covered: 550 yards
+ Extra features: Tru-Target Priority System, Water resistant, Ergonomic design.
Keeping bow hunters in mind Nikon has brought us the 16224 Arrow ID 3000 Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder, which is extremely affordable. Compact with bow hunting features Nikon has truly made this Rangefinder one of the best ones in the market.
Because the new Nikon 16224 Arrow ID 3000 Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder offers you a 4x magnification along with 20mm objective lens size. These will help you cover a distance of 550 yards with ease and give you crystal, clear view every time.
Some bowhunters with eyeglasses always look for a better eye relief. If you are one of them, you’ll definitely love this one with 20.3mm eye relief.
This gadget also features Tru Target technology that will help you to target your prey even with many obstacles surrounding it.
The best part is that it’s waterproof and has a solid build. Although it doesn’t have an illuminated reticle, still you can use it in a dim light situation.
Add Up the Ultimate Protection –
Using T-REIGN ProCase with Retractable 36″ Kevlar Tether. Now you can protect your Nikon Rangefinder from bumps and scratches. The case is covered with 600 denier nylon, which happens to be extremely long-lasting.
You can also try out USA Gear Laser Rangefinder Case Holster to add more adjustability to your carrying case. You’ll get belt loops to fix it in a position. The plus point is that you’ll get extra storage space for keeping your batteries. Really great, right?
- Offers exceptional accuracy for slope measurement.
- The Tru-Target priority system won’t let you miss any of your shot.
- Greater eye relief for eyeglass users.
- It’s highly water resistant.
- Comes with an ergonomic design.
- Isn’t best suited for nighttime hunting session.
- You can’t submerge it under water.
- Some units have a defective casing.
Rangefinders for bow hunting can help you complete the full package of your hunting trip. As they are quite small, you can take them with you anywhere you want. Among all the best 8 items, TecTecTec ProWild Hunting Rangefinder is more suitable for bow hunting than others.
It’s full of all the features, along with being 100% economic. You won’t get a good deal like this one on anything else. A perfect combination of features and price.
So, just give it a try and see for yourself!